City Manager Seeks to Fill Numerous Municipal Positions
DeFuniak Springs, FL…Newly appointed City Manager Robert Thompson is seeking to fill 14 positions within the City as COVID is ending and the economy is recovering. Career opportunities advertised are:
- 2 Maintenance Workers in the Facility Maintenance Department
- 2 Temporary Municipal Workers in Sanitation
- 1 Automotive Mechanic in the City’s Shop
- 1 Welder in the City’s Shop
- 1 Airport Director
- 1 Airport Maintenance Technician
- 3 Part-time Volunteer/Firefighters
- 2 Utility Workers in the Water/Sewer Department
- 1 Customer Service Representative in the Finance/Utility Billing Department
Additional positions will soon be announced on the City’s website at www.defuniaksprings.net.
“The City of DeFuniak Springs is growing rapidly,” says City Manager Robert Thompson. “We are fortunate to offer so many positions in this rapidly recovering economy. This is a great time to join the City of DeFuniak Springs team, and we encourage individuals with a desire to be a part of our growing efforts to apply for a position and to take advantage of learning or developing skills and enhancing personal and professional growth.”
The City of DeFuniak Springs offers health insurance, Florida retirement packages, and many other key benefits in addition to wages. Applicants must indicate which position they are applying on an application which is available online at www.defuniaksprings.netor by visiting Human Resources at the City Hall Annex, 35 US Highway 90 West in DeFuniak Springs. For further information about any of these positions, contact Human Resource Director Lacey Woodham at (850) 892-8500, x119 or email [email protected].